About

I’m X-Gen. I dismissed learning how to touch-type in my early teens as only necessary for skilled “typists” or “data entry personnel”; little knowing that I would regret the decision for the next 20 odd years. Fortunately, my love of technology and my innate curiosity has kept me connected to the dynamic and rapidly evolving world of teaching and learning in the 21st Century. In order to adapt, one must evolve. I embrace the new. My connected learning experiences and experimentation with digital affordances leverage authentic learning in my classroom and shapes my professional development as a teacher-librarian.

I love what I do. I am fortunate in being contracted in my “field” as a secondary school TL. I am constantly striving to impart the joy of learning and to develop the future focused skills needed for myself and my students so we may keep pace with the dynamics of an online world. As an educator, I  leverage student voices using participatory culture and teach ethical methods for the creation of digital content. By sharing and learning through positive connected learning environments I hope to help shape their bright future and close the digital divide for my students. 

Participating in connected learning and building my professional learning network has transformed my life. It feeds my curiosity, informs my professional judgement, drives my creativity, and entertains my social nature.

I urge you to begin making connections!

Photo credits 

Taylor, A. K. (Photographer). (2018).  Blog header: Becoming a connected educator. [photograph]. Mid North Coast, NSW : Author.

[formidable id=”7″ title=”1″ description=”1″ minimize=”1″]